Looking for a job can be an extremely stressful feat. Often times, a recruiter can significantly lighten that load and help put you on the path to your new career. Maybe you haven’t thought of using a recruiter before…but here are a few reasons why you should.
- Time is money. If there’s an open position out there that’s right for you and it’s up to you to find it, there’s a good chance you will miss that opportunity just by being behind on one or two things. There is so much time wasted in submitting your resume all over town, researching online for non-local positions, etc. Allowing a recruiter to assist you ensures that no time is wasted.
- Remember that recruiters are on your team. They’re being paid by companies you likely want to work for. It’s in THEIR job description to find out if you are that perfect candidate they’ve been looking for. When you’re looking past the job description into things like company culture, recruiters will be your best friend.
- Recruiters have access to resources that are unavailable to the average candidate. Not only do they have their basket of companies they’re recruiting for, they have contacts across the field that could get you into hiring pools you wouldn’t see otherwise.
- The top companies you want to work for attribute much more value to their recruiters as opposed to job boards. If you’re working with those same recruiters, you have automatic credibility and a leg up on the guy that’s sending his resume anywhere he can.
- The same way you’re giving a recruiter access to valuable information about you as a candidate, they are able to give you information about companies you’re considering. Instead of floundering around on a vaguely worded website, wondering if you’ll be a fit, a recruiter can tell you details about the way things are run and how your role would come into play.
- Unless you’re already without a job, you’re likely trying to avoid letting your current employer know you’re searching elsewhere. A recruiter allows you to protect your privacy versus hoping your boss isn’t perusing the same job boards you are.
Ready to try the recruiter route? Good thing you’re already on our website…take a look around and let us know how we can help.